Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-25-2004, 04:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

New tank update

Hello all

It has been a little over 2 weeks since my problems with the danios and pleco. Since none of the other little fish died, I picked up a new danio and some tetras to add to the 3 danios that are in there. Current fish count is 3 zebra danios, 4 neon tetras and one pleco. Is that enough population to cycle a 55 gallon tank in a reasonable amount of time? My current readings for ammonia are between 1 and 1.5 - there are trace amounts of nitrites and no nitrates. I do about a 10% - 15% weekly water change.
It has only been a few days with the new fish but they all seem to be happy and getting along fine.
Please let me know your thoughts on population, and maybe also offer some suggestions for additional residents once we are ready. My wife and I are both thinking we would like some angel fish, and some additional colorful fish.
Thanks again for all the help
Mark

Old 07-25-2004, 04:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

"Since none of the other little fish died, I picked up a new danio and some tetras to add to the 3 danios that are in there. "

Sorry - I meant to say I picked up a new pleco and some tetras to add to the 3 danios that are in there....

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com