New tank update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CiscoKid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all

It has been a little over 2 weeks since my problems with the danios and pleco. Since none of the other little fish died, I picked up a new danio and some tetras to add to the 3 danios that are in there. Current fish count is 3 zebra danios, 4 neon tetras and one pleco. Is that enough population to cycle a 55 gallon tank in a reasonable amount of time? My current readings for ammonia are between 1 and 1.5 - there are trace amounts of nitrites and no nitrates. I do about a 10% - 15% weekly water change.
It has only been a few days with the new fish but they all seem to be happy and getting along fine.
Please let me know your thoughts on population, and maybe also offer some suggestions for additional residents once we are ready. My wife and I are both thinking we would like some angel fish, and some additional colorful fish.
Thanks again for all the help
Mark

"Since none of the other little fish died, I picked up a new danio and some tetras to add to the 3 danios that are in there. "

Sorry - I meant to say I picked up a new pleco and some tetras to add to the 3 danios that are in there....

Back
Top Bottom