New tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
So we had a large garage sale in my neighboorhood and I snagged 2 tanks. One is a 2 gal tank and the other is a 7.5 gal tank. My sister wants the 2 gal tank for her betta and I'm thinking about putting a few shrimp in there because he's really calm. I need some ideas for the other tank. I'm still going to do my 12 gal but for now I'm focusing on these:). Ideas are welcomed!! Also any other ideas for the 2 gal tank are also welcomed because I might try to convince my sister with another fish:D

anything but shrimp and/or snails in the 2 gallon one is a no go. a betta should hav at least 5 gallons.

Ok well I have to go break that to my sister... But I'm excited about shrimp:)

bettas shouldnt be in anything lower then 5 gallons and everyone on here will tell you that. the only thing that can go in that are shrimp and snails. now on the 7 gallon you could do a betta and maybe a small school of nano fish (mosquito rasboras endler guppys etc)

I'm thinking shrimp for the 2 gallon and tetras (the dwarf kinds) for the 7.5 gallon.

no tetra can go in a 7 gallon IMO stick with one of these
mosquito rasbora
endler guppys
or other fish that stay 1 inch or smaller

you can probably do neons, but endler guppys or mosquito rasboras would be better and would leave you with room for a betta.

You might get away with neons in that tank, I don't know. You could try any of the microfish, I believe some are sparkling gouramis, celestial pearl danios, espei's rasboras, and so on (correct me if I'm wrong).

So I've looked up all of these fish and they all say "need bigger tank" is that true? Or am okay with getting them?

Back
Top Bottom