new to aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russell

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i am thinking about getting about a 60 gal tank. i was wanting some help on best filters sand rock plants heaters,,how to cycle tank how often to do water changes and how to. cleaning. it is something i want to get in to just wanting some help i looked at the getting started thread but it wasnt that helpful to me any input would help..i am thinking of fresh water setup

Hi and welcome!!! Lets start with this link and see if it answers some of your questions. It also has links to fishless & fish-in cycling. I would start also by researching the fish you would like stock and build your tank around them- different fish have different needs. Plants may not work with certain species, gravel may not work with others, certain types of fish need specific temps or types of decor (such as places to hide), certain fish require heavier filtration or more frequent water changes & cleaning or specific diets and ten zillion other things. Theres lots of different things to consider!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium-186089.html

Back
Top Bottom