New to Aquariums - Couple Questions..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pH doesn't even really matter as long as it is stable and i'd say between 6 and 8.

Ammonia, No2 and No3 however....those really count.

Are you planning on live plants? If so, skip the Tahitian sand and get eco complete.

also, if you plan to fishless cycle, skip the ammonia dosing and use a cooked shrimp or two. safer than adding ammonia unless you really know what you are doing. I am opposed to adding chemicals to my tanks anyway.

personally, i cycle with fish. Ask your grandfather for some used filter material out of one of his filters to get yours going. Keep it wet and dirty, sitck in your filter and good to go. Just stock slowly.

what kind of fish do you plan to get?

skip the ammonia dosing and use a cooked shrimp or two.

shrimp should be raw, unless you add cocktail sauce,cooked shrimp just isn't natural

guess i didnt make that clear, the pH tester i have tests nitrates, nitrites all that good stuff.. they are little strips you dip in the water and it will tell you the numbers.

yeah ill be looking for a step-by-step on how to cycle here pretty soon...

img_759297_0_74167c59b1d650e536e6fc56f0b1b406.jpg

there is the wife's fish... "Fred" the betta.. lol dont ask.. there are all kinds of little air bubbles in the bowl they stuck to the rocks and plants.. are these still fine or what?[/img]

Back
Top Bottom