New To Freshwater Tropical Fish and Wanting Advice on Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bozatron

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I am new to keeping tropical freshwater fish and have recently purchased a 50L Blue Planet fish tank secondhand with 13 tertras, 3 guppys, a fighting fish, and a catfish. The tank was initially pretty dirty so I have given it a good clean and they all seem happy at the moment.

The tank came with some live plants (java moss, java fern, and another plant that I cannot identify). Currently, the light above the tank is the standard Blue Planet 11W AA11W-e27 globe that comes with the tank.

I am wondering if that is enough light to make sure the plants are healthy and growing, and was hoping to get your knowledgeable advice on an alternative bulb that I might be able to replace it with? In its current position, the tank is not really getting much daylight so any help would be great!

I have attached a photo of the tank in its current condition to this post.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Fish tank.jpg
    Fish tank.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 86
Hi All,

I am new to keeping tropical freshwater fish and have recently purchased a 50L Blue Planet fish tank secondhand with 13 tertras, 3 guppys, a fighting fish, and a catfish. The tank was initially pretty dirty so I have given it a good clean and they all seem happy at the moment.

The tank came with some live plants (java moss, java fern, and another plant that I cannot identify). Currently, the light above the tank is the standard Blue Planet 11W AA11W-e27 globe that comes with the tank.

I am wondering if that is enough light to make sure the plants are healthy and growing, and was hoping to get your knowledgeable advice on an alternative bulb that I might be able to replace it with? In its current position, the tank is not really getting much daylight so any help would be great!

I have attached a photo of the tank in its current condition to this post.

Thanks!!

Hi, not sure on the lighting, but your thermometer should be on the opposite side of the tank to your heater to get a more accurate reading

The other plant looks like water wisteria to me.

It also seems like you have some natural light that is making its way into the tank, so I think between that and that light in that small of a tank, if should be fine. Those are all pretty easy plants to grow and don't need a ton of light.

Back
Top Bottom