New to mollies, they've been dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's still alive and seems a little more active today, swimming around and nibbling at the tank wall and the plants, even though he's still in his awkward slanted position. I'll just keep keeping my eye on him, and the others, and testing along with doing those water changes often with the bit of salt added after the change. I want to thank you and the others for all the help and suggestions though.

My favorite book on freshwater aquariums says Mollies aren't good beginner fish, they are too sensitive. I know this goes against common concepts but I've found that book to be the most thoughtful I've read. Guppies are recommended, and platies and swordtails.

How hard is your water? It might be fine, most fish can adapt as long as it is stable.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

The last reading I was able to get of my hardness was when I was still using the jungle test strips and it was around 300 gh and kh. Not sure how off that is though. I do know that it is hard enough to leave calcium marks on my tank's hood and the filter as well as leaving a water line on the aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom