New to site, and new to fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amy8156684

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've recently set up my new aquarium, looks perfect along with filter. I've been told to let the water settle for a few days so will be getting some fish on Saturday. Im starting with cold water at the moment and been advised to start offwith some zebra danios. Ive read that they like to be like 5 or 6 but ive been told to only get 3 to start with and then another 3 a month later, would that be ok? Ive seen they like peas and other types of vegtables too. Any advice on the fish or start up would be great! Thanks

Definitely read about fishless cycling. Once you understand the cycle and go through it you'll know a lot more about the environment you set up in the aquarium. You will need to buy liquid test kits to monitor the cycle.
Zebra danios are good fish to start off with. They don't require very warm water but they and all fish require a stable temperature so you will need a heater.
It may be a few more weeks until you have fish, but they will be happier and healthier when you do get them.

Back
Top Bottom