New to the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slick91

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all! I was informed by the introduction e-mail to write a bit about myself. I recently got to write about myself an my new tank. Imfrom Chicago, and for my birthday I got a 10 gallon tank. It was set up with water, gravel, rock, filter, bio-wheel, and all. Threw in 3 zebra danios to get the cycling process going. Ive been checking the numbers, and amonia has gone up a bit, now the nitrites are starting to show! So Im moving in the right direction. I would like a Gourmais in the tank, maybe one guy and a couple of ladies. Or a small school of tiger barbs. Any suggestions? Other ideas, 1 or 2 ADF's, or some little shrimps. Thanks to all for replys!:thanks:

Slick91 said:
Hello all! I was informed by the introduction e-mail to write a bit about myself. I recently got to write about myself an my new tank. Imfrom Chicago, and for my birthday I got a 10 gallon tank. It was set up with water, gravel, rock, filter, bio-wheel, and all. Threw in 3 zebra danios to get the cycling process going. Ive been checking the numbers, and amonia has gone up a bit, now the nitrites are starting to show! So Im moving in the right direction. I would like a Gourmais in the tank, maybe one guy and a couple of ladies. Or a small school of tiger barbs. Any suggestions? Other ideas, 1 or 2 ADF's, or some little shrimps. Thanks to all for replys!:thanks:

Welcome to AA. I'm glad your cycle is moving along..but there's a lot of important steps to cycle with fish that the pet stores don't tell you. Please closely check out this guide about fish-in cycling...it's really important.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...-but-i-already-have-fish-what-now-116287.html

Please don't add any fish until your cycle is complete. I also hope you read and follow the advice in the thread Eco posted for your benefit.

Your tank is only a ten gallon, so Barbs of any kind are not a good idea.

One dwarf gourami would be okay.

With the dwarf gourami, you could probably add a small school of six smaller varieties of tetras such as neons (blue, green or black) or smaller sized danios, or even a small number glofish, which are geneticaly modified zebra danios.

The key to success is to cycle the tank carefully, do not overstock the tank, do not overfeed the fish and to keep up with your water changes even after the tank is cycled :)

Back
Top Bottom