New to this. Advice on my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiss1973

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, new to this aquarium thing but enjoying my journey so far. I have a 130 Lt tank freshwater tropical. I have 7 tHarlequin Rasbora
Tetras, 3 silvertail tetras, 1 dwarf Gourami, 3 silver mollies, 1 dalmation mollie and 2 tiger barbs. Good or bad mix?

Welcome to Aquarium Advice!

The tiger barbs may give the other fish some trouble, the more barbs you have the less aggressive they will be to other fish. but the other fish sound like a good mix

Yes, I'd recommend maybe 5 more. So that would be a total of seven. They're cool to watch school, and when they're in bigger numbers they will keep their aggression to a minimum

I think you'd be pretty close to stocked but you migjt have room for another smaller fish depending on what species. With the mix you have though, its going to be a pretty active tank

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could mix different types of tiger barbs, but I'd stick to just ths tiger barbs.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My guess is your barbs are the attackers. You need to have a large group of them or else they will beat up other fish.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom