New to this - my new mollie had fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pam v

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi

Only had a tank for 6 months, bought 5 new mollies on Friday and on Saturday morning one had, had fry. Managed to catch one of the babies and put it in a breeding net, i have crushed up fish flakes and fed it some of those, but it doesn't swim to the top to eat it so not sure if it's starving or not, what can i do?
At present i have 6 mollies, 2 guppy's and 2 gold gourami's need advice on how much and how often i should be feeding these fish as all the advice in books and on the net differ, can someone please help me :(

1 fry may not be worth it, but if you plan on breeding or having any more, I'd get special fry food (baby brine or liquid baby fish food found on Drs. Foster & Smith). I did the same thing as you by crunch the flakes until they looked like dust, but it helps the fry if it doesn't just lay on the surface.

Molly fry I have had in the past love "Hikari First Bites"

The reason why didnt go automatically up to the top for food is because once out of the womb, They have an egg-sack they feed off of for 1-2 days. Once one to two days have passed, try and feeding it finely crushed flakes.

Like said above, It would help to make the flakes fall more than staying up at the top. My fry didnt know it was food until I made it fall and they took a bite out of it.

Back
Top Bottom