newb needs YOUR input!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deeni0z

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm finally going to get my planted tank going. I'm stopping by the LFS (Aquarium City on Sherman Way and Owensmouth in CA) tomorrow to pick up some plants and a flourite.

I need something that grows really fast under 1.5 wpg of light and tall. I have a java fern in it already that I attached to some rocks. I was thinking about hornwort, cabomba, anubias, and more java ferns if the LFS has any.

I have a 23.7 US Gal (90L) tank. I use Leaf Zone as fertizer. My pH is 7.7. GH is 120 ppm, KH is 70 PPM.

Besides java ferns and moss, what other plants can be anchored to decor? Are there any special planting techniques for the plants I listed?

You can try watersprite also but with that light cabomba and probably the hornwort will have a struggle to grow.

You can plant anubias by attaching it to decor, but I have found it grows much faster when partially anchored in the substrate (do not bury the rhizome).

See if they have any crypt varieties - I grow them in very low light tanks.

Aponogeton will probably grow, and it does grow extremely fast. The only place I have ever found it is at Walmart - it is a bulb sold in a package on the shelf.

Back
Top Bottom