Newb - stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RJCT

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! First post here. I've been lurking for quite a while and finally got a tank. It is a 20g 24x12x16. I'm a week into cycling with live plants.

My plan to stock is as follows;
1x DG
6x Harlequin Rasbora
5x kuhli loaches

I wanted to ask if the above image looks like enough plant and drift wood for these guys or if I should be doing any additional aquascaping to keep them as happy as possible. (There's also a patch of micro sword behind the fake log in far left corner that I expect to grow out) Also, the aqadvisor tool thinks I still have room so any suggestions on additional creatures would be great. I'm running an Aqeon QuietFlow 50. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20160710_141433.jpg
    20160710_141433.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 56
Looks like a nice start. My one suggestion would be some sort of cave for the kuhlis, since they like to hide during the day. One of those "coconut shell" breeding caves they sell at Petco should work.

Great thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. The wooden thing in the left corner has holes in in but it's probably not large enough for all the loaches. I'll prob just replace that. Does the amount of plants look ok?

I would space out the stems more. Bunches can often cause a fight for nutrients. Spacing them out helps reduce the nutrient war and pr more more even growth.

Small plants like cryptocoryne wendtii and undulata are good and very easy plants to grow in low light. I've grown them in many tanks and it's almost always done well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom