*NEWBIE ALERT* 55 Gallon Start Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey we should trade water! My ph will not go above a 6.0 for some reason!!
My ammonia however is at a .25
Idk how to lower the ph tho..just wanted to complain a bit lol

Your PH should drop a bit on its own thru the cycle. Also remember a consistent ph is whats important. Your fish should adjust. What's thier PH range? If it does need to be adjusted when it comes time to put fish In the best way to do it is half RO water.

My angel plus active sponge filter will be waiting on me when I get home today. Cant wait to set it up. Everything I read says these babys will cut your fishless cycles in half time wise. I will let you know when I get home if it is there. I get home around 4 cst.

Phishfriend guided me to a website that had "cookie cutter" builds and I really liked this one

Can you post the website on here for me? I'd like to take a look at their fish. You have a few on your list I haven't heard of and would like to check them out for my new 55 gal.

Cookie Cutter - 55-gallons

I will warn you that the build I chose, according to aqadvisor.com was very overstocked. I had to change my stock list up a lot.

Bro I think you were overlooking the first sentence in that stock list. i put in red and underlined it for ya. lol:cool::whistle:

Select only one group from the following:
• Laetacara dorsigera - 5
• Gymnogeophagus meridionalis - 5
• Aequidens pulcher - 1 pair

-and-

• Nematobrycon palmeri "Emperor Tetra" - 6
• Ancistrus temminckii "Bristlenose Pleco" - 2

Back
Top Bottom