Newbie dumb question for today - ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've kind of taken the day off from thinking much about fish:). I have tiny goals. Simply to get this 55 gallon ready for three Angel fish, a few community fish and something that grubs along the bottom. I know Angel fish can really grow up, so I'm just going to keep it small and hopefully simply. Appreciate everyone very much. Am enjoying reading the various threads.

Debbie

Debbie, angel fish are very pretentious fish ... water has to be VERY stable and VERY neat in order for them to be happy and act at theyr best.

i suggest you in the meanwhile to get some smaller fish, eventually some molly or platy or guppy, until the water sets up.

also if you want to enjoy the angels, hunt for a pair, angels only pair up once in theyr life time and stick to theyr partner for the rest of theyr life, but honestly having 1-2 pairs of angels (pairs as in Male +Female=couple) in your tank is SPLENDID

they act very much like humans, get mad at eachother, gestionate theyr teritory and such

i had a complete black pair when i was about 14 old, they were about 19 cms "tall" and they definately dominated my tank, both by body splendor and by acting splendor; they were elegant and they knew it.

debbie, chin up, put water in tank, cycle tank, get a few small fish, stabilize tank, get angels ..... ENJOY

Back
Top Bottom