Newbie in need of serious help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
8/7

Ammonia 1.0 - 2.0 (Not light enough to be 1 nor dark enough to be 2)
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0

jwh, I am using the API freshwater test kit.

Also I got a Anubias Nana plant last night and this morning I noticed whitish clear stuff on the top of my heater. Is this algae or something else?

82111-albums12897-picture60234.jpg

Id say let it go one more day see if you can get it to drop to being 1ppm. Maybe start a different thread about the stuff on heater lots of people on here with lots of knowledge someone will know im not sure couldnt even guess

8/7

Ammonia 1.0 - 2.0 (Not light enough to be 1 nor dark enough to be 2)
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0

jwh, I am using the API freshwater test kit.

Also I got a Anubias Nana plant last night and this morning I noticed whitish clear stuff on the top of my heater. Is this algae or something else?

Thats just a biofilm. Add more surface agitation. It happens to everyones tank. How long since you started your cycle

8/8

Ammonia - 1.0
Nitrite - 0

My ammonia seems to be finally going down. I going on vacation and won't be about to check the aquarium until Wednesday. I'm going to bump the ammonia back up and hopefully I'll have nitrites when I get back.

I'd suggest 4ppm for being away for 5 days and hope that the ammo doesn't drop to fast finally

Back
Top Bottom