Newbie “PLEASE READ”

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropical234

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had a freshwater tank for over a month now and i am afraid it might be overstocked. At pets at home, they have “fish points” which helps not overcrowd your tank. I have a 65 litre tank which has five mollies and 9 male guppies. I am really worried because i want them to have a good life. Please give me some advice for this

Your 16 Gallon Tank

I have had a freshwater tank for over a month now and i am afraid it might be overstocked. At pets at home, they have “fish points” which helps not overcrowd your tank. I have a 65 litre tank which has five mollies and 9 male guppies. I am really worried because i want them to have a good life. Please give me some advice for this

Hello Trop...

Livebearing fish can overpopulate a smaller tank in a very short time, provided they get good water conditions. If you have any female Mollies, they can have up to 80 fry. If only a dozen or so live to maturity, your tank will become crowded. I would keep the water clean with a large water change every few days and make plans to move the Mollies.

B

Back
Top Bottom