newbie startin up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theslayerjay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I went out and got some fish. Couldn't wait. I'm just going to to the fish in cycle and see how it goes. I got 2 yellow Molly's a black Molly and some dwarf fish it has like red line running down it. And it's got 2 long like antennas coming out like his chin?? It's cool looking though. Woo hoo. Wish me luck. And any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Generally its not the best idea to add more then a few fish when you just start your tank. If it is a big tank it should be fine i think(i'm still a newbie too) but some advice would be monitor your water quality and change water pretty often. Good luck with your new tank.

How big is your tank? Make sure you do at least a 25% water change a couple of times a week and check your levels. Good luck and enjoy your new fishie friends.

if you can source some water from another cycled tank worked for me added only about 10% must test water from other source though maybe a friend

Thats good. just test water and change water when necessary

Back
Top Bottom