newbie to the school....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My nitrites are getting high within 24 hours. 2.0 to 5.0 ppm the last couple of days. Ive been doing 50% to 75% wc everyday for week. Sometimes 2x a day when time allows. In the process of doing a 75% wc right now. How long does this nitrite phase last? I feel like im moving in the right direction and doing everything right. 6 zebra danios are doing very well, eating everything i feed them. Praying for patience and dedication to see it thru till the end of the cycle.

Spoke to soon. Lost one during the process. Really hope i dont have much more to go.

No i have been bringing in the water hose and just filling it real slow. I have to go to lowes on friday so i just might get everything i need while im there.

Nitrites are definitely spiking. Once i get thru this phase is the cycle complete?

Nitrites still spiking off the charts. Did 50% wc after work 4pm and then a major wc that went all the way down to the intake. Got some air in my canister filter. Kept priming it and got the air out. Up and running now. I kicked up alot of gunk from the substrate (all purpose sand).Is that my bb? 5 zebras swimming good. Hopefully i can get these nitrites down.

Nitrites still spiking. I hate the color purple. Twice a day water changes are getting old real quick. Fishless cycle is the only way!

Can you get a hold of any used filter media from an established tank? Did you get a water changer?

I am going to ask some folks at church if they have any media. I almost dont want to just out of fear of introducing any problems they may have. Im going to wait on the water changer. Im getting used to carrying several 5 gallon buckets to water the grass. Its my workout. Lol

It's a good bet if their tank looks alright that it would be safe to get the media. Probably much safer than from a fish store.

I havent had time to change my water. Bass club meeting, church, valentines. Nitrites still spiking. Nitrates have stayed at 10ppm. Fish are still good. Hope im reaching the end of the cycle.

Nearing the end.
Ph 7.8
Ammo .25ppm
Nitrite. 50 ppm
Nitrate 100pm
Im pretty close.

Back
Top Bottom