Newbie trying to get tank started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay...you seem to be doing really well. I had do many problems at the beginning I almost gave up completely.
I'm guessing the pH is fine because it has been consistently the same reading and my fish haven't been affected.
Yeah I thought my phone was still high for the Tetras too. I've been doing partial water changed to keep things at least where they are at and not worse.

Just did a test again tonight and here are the results. I was scared my snail died. 1484199640530.jpg

This tank is going through cycling now you have your stock in the tank.
Please read up on the fish in cycle, you need to be doing 50% water changes daily I would say. Be prepared to potentially loose fish as the high amounts of ammo are dangerous at 1ppm. Ideally you need to try and keep them under 0.5ppm while the cycle is going on and the you will need to start watching the nitrites as the cycle progresses.
I would say you probably have another 4-6 weeks before the cycle competition.

Definitely need to start doing partial water changes daily to keep your ammonia down, your tank seems to be in the very early stages of cycling. Daily partial water changes are pretty paramount to your fishes health at the moment. I would suggest looking up the nitrogen cycle.

Dwarf frogs don't really have much bioload, they're one of the few things that can be kept well in a 1-3 tank in multiple numbers. They can be fragile though and really should be spot fed as they tend to be out competed for food easily.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

until the tank is cycled I would remove the frog , IMO frog should not be introduced for at least 6 months as he will be the biggest bio load , 6 months gives the tank a chance to build a good amount of beneficial bacteria so once the frog is reintroduced things wont go wacky on you ./

Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice
Ok not sure what to do with the frog. I wasn't told at pet store he couldn't go in. But a lot of info I got was incorrect. :(

Dwarf frogs don't really have much bioload, they're one of the few things that can be kept well in a 1-3 tank in multiple numbers. They can be fragile though and really should be spot fed as they tend to be out competed for food easily.

I've been feeding him with a medicine dropper directly.

That's good, keep it up. As long as your keeping an eye on him and getting him well fed I'd leave him in. Definitely read up on keeping them though, they have their own husbandry from fish lol, but they are really awesome

Back
Top Bottom