Nicks Scarlet Gem Badis Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I got 3 black skirts (I'm sorry for getting them the guy gave them to me for free :( )

hey, don't be sorry, free is always good thing. just make sure that you feed your badis cautiously and that at least some food drops to the vicinity of the badis so that they can get some as well. I don't doubt that these fish will have quite the good time together, just wishing that there's more space tho. But free tetras, CHEERS!!!!!!

The guy who gave me them had ich :( just returned them

oh no, but quickly, raise temperature of the water and add some aquarium salt into the water as well. i wouldn't want to gamble whether or not the parasite is already in the tank from those tetras.

Nick I was about to get some scarlet badis but when I was at the lfs I found freshwater bumble bee gobies. Please include pictures of them when you get these guys so you can share your experience with us!

Nick I was about to get some scarlet badis but when I was at the lfs I found freshwater bumble bee gobies. Please include pictures of them when you get these guys so you can share your experience with us!

there are two species sold as bumblebee gobies, one with tolerate freshwater and one is brackish only. so i would double check the the actual species of the goby you have. Most of the time, if not always, what you have is the bumblebee goby that tolerate freshwater. The fact that it's in freshwater means that the lifespan would be shorter. Check out this thread.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/bumblebee-goby-brackish-or-freshwater-51480.html

Yes I am sure I have the freshwater kind. And they are thriving. They're the only fish in my 10 gallon besides an oto and two platies which will be moved soon. Also there is a salamander in the tank somewhere but I think I've lost him??

the guy where i got the free black skirts accidently gave me his sick ones so i returned it to him and he said i could choose (5 or 6 depending on fish) of any of the following: 5 khuli loaches, 6 ember tetras, 6 harlequins rasboras 3 3 otos which should i choose p.s. i like the otos and khulis:p

Can someone make me the list of plants i should get ? Lol

one or two big leaf plants like amazon swords are always good. ludwigia is always good and easy to take care of in the background. banana plants are not too demanding. moss balls and java ferns are easy to take care of. Can you provide info on your lighting system because it's up to you to decide you want to go full blown planted tank or just simple planted tank? and small tanks have the advantage of setting up a diy co2 injection system without too many requirements. you can look into that topic as well.

the guy where i got the free black skirts accidently gave me his sick ones so i returned it to him and he said i could choose (5 or 6 depending on fish) of any of the following: 5 khuli loaches, 6 ember tetras, 6 harlequins rasboras 3 3 otos which should i choose p.s. i like the otos and khulis:p

i think you have plenty bottom feeders already, so i would stay away from loaches. depending on how much algae you want to clean in the future, a few otos wouldn't hurt. otherwise it really doesn't matter whether you pick rasbora or tetras.

i think you have plenty bottom feeders already, so i would stay away from loaches. depending on how much algae you want to clean in the future, a few otos wouldn't hurt. otherwise it really doesn't matter whether you pick rasbora or tetras.

What do you mean by plenty of bottom feeders... I don't have any

Back
Top Bottom