nitrates..no nitrites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twinkey

Aquarium Advice Regular
i been fishless cycling my tank about 3 weeks now..i added some seeded media to my filters on sunday july 29th and the past few days my nitrates are around 7.0ppm...my ammonia is down from 5.0ppm to 3.0ppm and there are no nitrites...seems odd i would see nitrates before nitrites...whats going on..lost:huh:

Not fully true. I know many people including myself that have seeded there filters with media from healthy established tanks and never saw nitrites.

I cycled my 75 gallon without every seeing nitrites and believe me I'm OCD so I was testing 4x's a day even more. I went through a whole test kit in about 3-4 weeks!!

I'd say not to worry and keep doing what your doing.

JMO and IME

Thanks...i have these spots inside my Aquarium glass..it looks like water spots....when i use my finger..it comes right off..theres no slime feeling or anything eles to it..what can it be

twinkey said:
Thanks...i have these spots inside my Aquarium glass..it looks like water spots....when i use my finger..it comes right off..theres no slime feeling or anything eles to it..what can it be

What color are they?

clear white film..heres a pic..not very goodmoss.jpg

Attachments

• moss.jpg
    moss.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 43
twinkey said:
clear white film..heres a pic..not very good110545[/ATTACH
can it be algae from the seeded media

On the glass or substrate? The pic looks like un eaten food.

it does come off..this is the first time i seen it..just finished cleaning it off

Back
Top Bottom