Nitrites 0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nostromo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Nitrites this morning where at 0 which I am pleased to say this is day 27 for me with my cycle. So I dosed my ammonia to 4pmm, so tomorrow morning I will test for ammonia and nitrites fingers crossed they will be both at 0 tomorrow. If they are I will dose my ammonia back up to 4pmm again and test on Wednesday morning if both ammonia and nitrites are 0, I will do a big water change on Wednesday night and adjust my temperature down. I am due to pick up my 2 Bolivian Rams this Thursday morning from my local fish store , they are keeping one male and female for me. So between now and Thursday morning will the bacteria that I have built up be fine until I get my fish? Seeing these will be my first fish what things should I be watching out for when I get them, plus how many days should I wait before I try to feed them, I think I read somewhere I should wait until 3 days before I try to feed them is this correct?

Nitrites this morning where at 0 which I am pleased to say this is day 27 for me with my cycle. So I dosed my ammonia to 4pmm, so tomorrow morning I will test for ammonia and nitrites fingers crossed they will be both at 0 tomorrow. If they are I will dose my ammonia back up to 4pmm again and test on Wednesday morning if both ammonia and nitrites are 0, I will do a big water change on Wednesday night and adjust my temperature down.

Sounds right. 90% or more will be ideal. 78-80 degrees for the fish, from what I read.

I am due to pick up my 2 Bolivian Rams this Thursday morning from my local fish store , they are keeping one male and female for me. So between now and Thursday morning will the bacteria that I have built up be fine until I get my fish?

Yes, it will be fine.

Seeing these will be my first fish what things should I be watching out for when I get them, plus how many days should I wait before I try to feed them, I think I read somewhere I should wait until 3 days before I try to feed them is this correct?

Not sure why wait to feed them. They will be stressed already, I'd say feed a little bit within a couple hours and see if they will eat.

I have read that you should leave the lights off for a couple hours after adding new fish, but I haven't done this before, and not really sure if you need to or not.

Back
Top Bottom