Nitrites Reappeared after Fishless Cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pradeepcec

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help please!!
Day-0: Fishless cycle completed. Ammo, nitrite both 0
Day-1: Added 6 Pristella tetras, 2 panda cory and I netrite. Ammo, nitrite both 0
Day-2: Added 4 platy. Ammo, nitrite both 0
Day-3: One of the platy died, ammo 0, nitrite 0.5ppm

Worried!!! Why nitrites are back?

All this while Nitrates are less than 10-15ppm

Whats going on?

Help please!!
Day-0: Fishless cycle completed. Ammo, nitrite both 0
Day-1: Added 6 Pristella tetras, 2 panda cory and I netrite. Ammo, nitrite both 0
Day-2: Added 4 platy. Ammo, nitrite both 0
Day-3: One of the platy died, ammo 0, nitrite 0.5ppm

Worried!!! Why nitrites are back?

All this while Nitrates are less than 10-15ppm

Whats going on?

Sorry guys.. just ignore the previous thread. It was an false alarm!! I had not washed the syringe after taking water from my 5 gallon tank that is under cycling!! After I redid its 0 :)

But not sure why I lost one platy!! It was dull since the time I got it!

Might be nighttime aggression... observe after hours live bearers are weird. What's the m to f ratio of the platies?

Might be nighttime aggression... observe after hours live bearers are weird. What's the m to f ratio of the platies?

I guess all of mine are females.. here is a photo of you can identify IMG_7709.jpg

The one that died was the orange one with the best mickey mouse :(

They're really tolerant fish I had one for 10 years in with a newt and never had any problems. Somethings up, where did you get them? Try calling the store see what they say

... also Monday night's meeting will be in conjunction with the Boston Guppy Club as well. The speaker is a genetics professor from a local college that uses guppies in her work. If you like rare guppies they'll have a table set up

... also Monday night's meeting will be in conjunction with the Boston Guppy Club as well. The speaker is a genetics professor from a local college that uses guppies in her work. If you like rare guppies they'll have a table set up

Sure. Thanks for the information. I am not sure if I will be able to make it to the club this monday as I have some other appointment but if things permit I will be there :)

Back
Top Bottom