normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burf420

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys i have a rubber lip pleco that I've had for four or five months and hes literally the same size as when i got him.. Also he stays in the same spot behind a filter only moves up and down about an inch is thus normal? What's going on here?

Hey guys i have a rubber lip pleco that I've had for four or five months and hes literally the same size as when i got him.. Also he stays in the same spot behind a filter only moves up and down about an inch is thus normal? What's going on here?

Probably moving at night under the dark. I hardly see my plecos and when I do there pretty much in the same spot also.

My GN is always right here.

image-2018173872.jpg

Better pic

image-514680772.jpg

Just sits on that rock lol

Last edited:
Yeah guess i didn't think about that.your guys gorgeous i want one! Do rubber lips not grow? My other two ate always cruisin around

Probably moving at night under the dark. I hardly see my plecos and when I do there pretty much in the same spot also.

My GN is always right here.

Better pic

Just sits on that rock lol

He's beautiful!

That's one of my favorite plecos. Do they get as big as the commons?

One day...

What size tank? Is this the 10 gal? If so that's probably why. Plecos need much larger tanks, 30 gal minimum depending on type. Have you checked parameters (ammonia, etc)? High concentrations of toxins can cause fish to act oddly. Plus if it's in a tank that's too small for it, it doesn't have the room it needs to be active.

Less than a inch. I think he eats just enough to survive

The rubber lip right? Well i give then two different kinds of wafers and broccoli and zucchini.but i really don't think he gets any of it

I even had him in a smaller tank before with one other fish and he did the same thing in there. O welll

Back
Top Bottom