Not interested in eating !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyce_19

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a new 125 litre tank, and recently put my neons, lemon tetra and sucker fish into it and have noticed that they are not eating their food as they normally would..

i have the right ph levels, temperature, filter is good etc , however the only thing that has changed is i have a light in the new tank where as before they didn't have a light and seemed to get a little stunned by the light..is this affecting them to not eat their food or be as active in general?

p.s this is only applying to the neons and lemon tetra!

please help!!

So you moved them from one tank to another? How long ago did you move them? Just to be sure, I would check ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels and make sure they are OK. Fish are temperamental; they don't do well with change and it can take them a bit to get acclimated to a new environment. Do you turn the lights on and off at random or is there a schedule? If it's random, it could be jarring to them to have the lights go on and off at random times during the day. I would get a light timer (most fish stores have them like PetSmart) and time the lights to be on at a certain interval during the day and then go off. They may do better with a regular schedule and they need a day/night cycle just like we do.

hi thanks for the reply... i have moved my fish about a week or less ago..i try to keel the lights on a set time..usually turn them on when i get home from work and off when i go to bed..i might have to go invest in one of these light timers you are talking about and at the same time get the fish store to test my water for me incase I'm missing something!!

If you get the timer, get one at the hardware store, not the fish store. They are the same thing and MUCH cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom