Now for another round of... ID my fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billsbills5

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I'm sure you get these kinds of posts a lot but, so forgive me, but I'm a newbie that acquired a freshwater tank last night and I want to know which species I have! :fish2:

Picture is attached. Previous owners were moving and did not want to take the tank, they said they found everything at the local Petco. They are freshwater in a 10 gallon tank.

My GUESS is that I have a Platy (X. maculatus perhaps?) but I am unsure of the other two, I don't think they are Discus (Symphysodon sp.) because I don't think the previous owners spent that much but I could be wrong. The dorsal fins also don't look exactly right for Discus, from what I can tell. Anyway, I'd love the help from someone who knows better!

Thanks in advance for your help! :thanks:

View image: newfish

(re-posting because my image did not embed the first time, but here is the direct link)

Hey there! Welcome!

Looks to me like two Glofish tetras and a bloated zebra danio. You might want to post a thread in the "Sick Fish" part of the forum where more people can help you with the danio is bloated.

Hey there! Welcome!

Looks to me like two Glofish tetras and a bloated zebra danio. You might want to post a thread in the "Sick Fish" part of the forum where more people can help you with the danio is bloated.

+1, it's definitely those. Dunno if the danio is bloated though.

It's a giant go danio

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks all for the responses!

I wish I had a better and less blurry picture of the "danio".. I can try today after work!

He is pretty large, in my ignorance I assumed he was "fat" but did not think about bloat. Is this a big problem for the little guy if he is bloated this much?

You have
1 female albino Zebra Danio

2 White Skirt Tetras that have either been dyed or are gene altered GloFish@

The Zebra Danio is either old or does look bloated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom