Nutrafin Cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone use Nutrafin Cycle? I really don't believe that it works instantly like it says on the bottle

It delivers some beneficial bacteria but by no means is it an instant cycle..I go the way of fishless cycling with pure ammonia to feed bb&began the cycle..testing daily monitoring the ammo levels..

No it's certainly not instant. Essentially it sets you up to do a fish in cycle.

I've read that there are 2 different bacteria in a bottle types. 1 works really well but this type needs to be refrigerated and isn't hardy. It can die out easily so most retailers avoid it at this risk. The other is the most commonly available but again, not very effective, easier to keep and most cost effective. I wish I could remember where I found the article on it but for the life of me I can't.

I stand by that the best bang for your buck is to try and purchase seeded media instead of the bacteria in a bottle.

Could you start dosing it with fish in at the same time?

I believe it to be all smoke & mirrors..look into seachem stability,a very fine product..

cycle product

i have used it all the time it dissolves or reduces alot of waste in the tank so it helps keep the tank from overloading with bio waste i had 125 gal tank with guppys andand i never had a problemwhile using it but i will say i would take 50% WATER CHANGE EVERY WEEKit will not take the place of your regular water changes

I usually use it to jump start a new tank, however I have used it and stocked a tank almost immediately without losing a fish. I will use it before Seachem products

Use Tetra Safe Start or Dr. Tim's One and Only.. They work! Nothing really instantly cycles your tank.. These do seed the needed beneficial bacteria but not enough to fully stock.. You just have to slowly stock as the BB establishes and colonizes.

eduguy said:
So it works but not a instant cycle?

I don't think there's anything that's really an "instant" cycle. That being said there are many posts in various forums where people have had good luck with bottled bacteria products like TSS and stocking a few hearty fish right away. As long as you get a good "liquid" test kit, monitor your ammonia, nitrItes, and nitrAtes like a hawk and do water changes as needed, you should be OK with Tetra SafeStart.

Google is your friend just search for Tetra SafeStart and there's plenty of information out there. It seemed to work decently for me even without fish and using a 2 ppm ammonia dose to start and upping it to 3 to 4 ppm for the final week before a 90% WC and adding a few Zebra Danio's.

Back
Top Bottom