Oh man, what'd i get myself into? (10g tank)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
6 mL of ace ammonia in a 10 gallon will raise the ammonia level to about 12 ppm. :blink: Here is a link to an aquarium calculator. At the bottom there is a place to calculate ammonia dosage. Calculator

ph level? high ph level???

what would be the correct ph balance for a beta? oh man, i didn't see anything about this lol @_@;

should i bother with it????

and what's the difference between ph and high range ph? uugghh

Honestly, Knave, if the pH is constant and your fish is acclimated to it, you will be ok with most fish.

lol i don't have fish just yet, i'm in the process of fishless cycling. i was just freaking cuz nothing i read said anything about ph balance. thank you!

lol i don't have fish just yet, i'm in the process of fishless cycling. i was just freaking cuz nothing i read said anything about ph balance. thank you!

I know. ;) You are going to be good at this! You are dedicated.

Edit: Oh, and when you are good at it, you find it immensely satisfying. My tanks relax me.

Oh, and when you are good at it, you find it immensely satisfying. My tanks relax me.

Very true. Fish tanks have a very calming effect.
You will find yourself sitting, watching them for hours with your back to the TV.

Wilkes said:
Very true. Fish tanks have a very calming effect.
You will find yourself sitting, watching them for hours with your back to the TV.
I do that all the time. I can be watching one of my favorite shows and I zone out on my tank right in the middle of the show lol.

Mrs.h2012 said:
I do that all the time. I can be watching one of my favorite shows and I zone out on my tank right in the middle of the show lol.

Yea good thing for dvr, or I'd miss a lot of shows because I always get distracted watching my fish.

Knave said:

The only thing to worry about pH balance wise is you don't want to have a constant pH then have it crash (like below 6) and stay low, that will stall a cycle, hence the reason for monitoring pH while cycling :) you sound very informed and wanting to do things the right way which is good :)

6 mL of ace ammonia in a 10 gallon will raise the ammonia level to about 12 ppm. :blink: Here is a link to an aquarium calculator. At the bottom there is a place to calculate ammonia dosage. Calculator

Yeah I was going to say 6ml is a lot for a 10 gal. It'll be about 1.5 ml depending on what percentage ammonia solution you get. That calculator above will help with dosing (scroll down to where it says ammonia calculator), if you have a dropper.

As others have said, most fish can live in a range of PH. As long as it's stable I wouldnt' worry about it.

You use the regular PH test initially but if it reads the highest on the color chart (7.6) then you should use the high range PH test.

Back
Top Bottom