Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkes

Very true. Fish tanks have a very calming effect.
You will find yourself sitting, watching them for hours with your back to the TV.
I do that all the time. I can be watching one of my favorite shows and I zone out on my tank right in the middle of the show lol.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.h2012
I do that all the time. I can be watching one of my favorite shows and I zone out on my tank right in the middle of the show lol.
Yea good thing for dvr, or I'd miss a lot of shows because I always get distracted watching my fish.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knave
lol i don't have fish just yet, i'm in the process of fishless cycling. i was just freaking cuz nothing i read said anything about ph balance. thank you!
The only thing to worry about pH balance wise is you don't want to have a constant pH then have it crash (like below 6) and stay low, that will stall a cycle, hence the reason for monitoring pH while cycling you sound very informed and wanting to do things the right way which is good
Old 11-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #54
Look It Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud29 View Post
6 mL of ace ammonia in a 10 gallon will raise the ammonia level to about 12 ppm. Here is a link to an aquarium calculator. At the bottom there is a place to calculate ammonia dosage. Calculator
Yeah I was going to say 6ml is a lot for a 10 gal. It'll be about 1.5 ml depending on what percentage ammonia solution you get. That calculator above will help with dosing (scroll down to where it says ammonia calculator), if you have a dropper.

As others have said, most fish can live in a range of PH. As long as it's stable I wouldnt' worry about it.

You use the regular PH test initially but if it reads the highest on the color chart (7.6) then you should use the high range PH test.

librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 gallon, newbie, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com