Old GloTetras New Globarbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baxter.Braden

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I am fairly new to keeping of fish on the other hand my brother is pretty proficient and has kept fish for more than 3 years now... Long story shorty what we are working with is a 30 gallon tank. Right now we have one bottom Feeder catfish, a female beta, 3 Glodanios, 5 Glofish tetras so in total we have 10 fish none longer than 2 inches. They are a very happy community tank right now.

My Question is I want to put in 3 green and 3 red Globarbs also I want to add 2 more Glosharks... The Barbs are around the size of a quarter and the sharks are about 1.5 inches long their not big fish all together. My problem would be the Barbs are explained to me at the store as semi-aggressive unless kept in schools.. I am getting 6 so they'll be in a school of kind.... do you think this will keep them more calm and my more tropical fish safe? The sharks are said to attack eachother depending on living conditions and of course the fish, also I can't have the two Glosharks killing my brothers catfish because all three would mainly be bottom feeding. Do you think they will be compatible or I'll see some friction there.

In short will the sharks and Barb's cause too much aggression and disturbance in the tank?

Thank in advance!!!

Not an expert but, from what I read GloSharks are very territorial and in a tank that size only one should be in there. The GloSharks are also bottom feeders and will attack other bottom feeders. I've been interested on in the Redtail Sharks and the GloSharks are based on them. Lastly, they can grow to 6"... So they need plenty of room to swim around in...

Back
Top Bottom