Old tank not cycled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back home today. Ammonia levels didn't seem to be any higher than usual but they weren't any lower either. I did a 50% wc and used prime this time. I also put a nylon sock full of gravel from my other tank that seems to be cycled along with a used filter in my aquaclear. Its been up a month or two longerthan my goldfish tank. I didn't check the nitrite ornirate levels in that tank but the ammonia is 0 and the fish seem happy. I'm only assuming that it is cycled but I think that it is. I'm going to try to get a baseline reading on my tap water overnight.to answer your question I have large gravel in my gold tank and I'm running an aquaclear 110 (500) with foam on the bottom then a carbon insert followed by a nylon sock with gravel from another tank and.used filter and finally biomax. Sory about the typos I'm on my phone. : )

Woke up today and all my golds have ich! Well im not really surprised considering what they have been putting up with. I did another PWC and added some meds (copper sulfate or something). Not sure if they will recover with the water being what it is. What do you think?

Well the still have ich but they're still alive. I've been treating daily with 72 drops of copper sulfate in my 60g. Some of the spots are gone but they are not happy. The good news is that I am finally getting nitrites! I just sarted noticing them last night but they were trace. Today they are a def .25! At least I know thins are rolling along.

The ich is gone and I didn't lose any fish. It was iffy for a while but I treated with copper sulfate and it cleared in a few weeks. The tank is also fully cycled now and the fish seem much happier. Thanks for all the help.

NTC said:
The ich is gone and I didn't lose any fish. It was iffy for a while but I treated with copper sulfate and it cleared in a few weeks. The tank is also fully cycled now and the fish seem much happier. Thanks for all the help.

Our pleasure! Congrats and stay in touch

Back
Top Bottom