Omgomgomgomg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saffikeagan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sammie can go into his new permanent home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has finished cycling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SPARTICUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::D. I'm no longer a complete :n00b:! :BIG:

Now for a LARGE water change (how's the best way to keep the media wet while the pump is off?). Some additional decorations, new substrate, and voila!

The filter media just needs to stay damp(needs oxygen mostly), so having the filter off for awhile is not going to hurt a thing. Put it this way, my power went out yesterday for 3-4hrs and everything is still good to go.

It may be a good idea to change the substrate and let it settle for a couple days before adding your fish.

Ok...bought sand. Cleaned sand for 2 hours. Spent the next 5 hours playing with my tank. I did about a 50% PWC; I'll do a small one again tomorrow after I see where my water levels are. I'm paranoid that I did something wrong and have killed off all the bacteria! LOL! I don't know if I could handle a set back like that.

I think, though, I have managed to create a tank with too much current for Sammie S. Beta. :( How much current is too much current? Should I just try it and see? I really didn't realize how much water movement air stones create. I just had one bubble curtain, so when I put three air stones in I thought they would have an output like the bubble curtain. Oops. :n00b: mistake.

Congrats! Bettas don't like much current. You can try it and see if it is too much. He will let you know if it is too much.

Sammie is in his new home :) I've turned off the air pump for now and just have the filter going. I'll let him get used to that then see if I can create some dead water for him with barriers or see if he comes to not mind the filter and air stones. Ideally, I'd like to create some dead water for him with some plants (suggested on another board) so the Kuhlis can have their fun and he can have his relaxation yet all have the use of the entire tank if so desired.

Back
Top Bottom