One gallon tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dex2369

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently purchased a one gallon tank to put on my desk at work. It has an undergravel filter and a small light under the hood. My problem is, I can't seem to think of anything I could put in it since it is so small. If I need to, I could go a bit bigger, but not much. Maybe 2.5 gallons. I would really like to put a dwarf frog in it, but I have no experience with frogs. Could anyone offer any suggestions?

I have a 2.5g with 4 fancy guppies. They seem quite happy atop my cubicle. I believe guppies would be ok in a 1g as well, as long as you keep the numbers down. How about shrimp?

Shrimp would be ok as well. I'm open to anything that will brighten up my little area at work. I don't know much about shrimp either, so I would have to do some research. Thank you for the suggestion.

That's actually a great idea!! I haven't thought of that. What about live plants? Would they be ok in such a small setup?

Live plants would be just fine. The trick is getting sufficient light and picking appropriate plants. One of those little clip on lights by Red Sea would be a good option. You'll want to stick to smaller plants, so that they don't outgrow your aquarium before you blink.

Back
Top Bottom