One large school or two smaller schools

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobriaclord

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was thinking of getting either one large school 20-25 of neon tetras or a smaller school of about ten for the neons and ten for another kind of tetra/danio/rasbora. Right now, if I go with a secondary school I am leaning towards glowlight tetras. Any thoughts on what would look better/be better for the fish themselves?

Thanks!

I have 2 schools of cardinal tetra and rummynose tetra. It's funny that sometime they school separately and other times they school together. They are in a 55 gallon tank. Their numbers have dwindled down in numbers since I got them due to illnesses but the survivors are going strong.

I have 2 schools of cardinal tetra and rummynose tetra. It's funny that sometime they school separately and other times they school together. They are in a 55 gallon tank. Their numbers have dwindled down in numbers since I got them due to illnesses but the survivors are going strong.

I would also reccomend cardinals/neons and rummynose:fish2:

Just a few things:

1. I recommend neons over cardinals for this purpose because neons are smaller, and you can have more of them. They will also make the tank look bigger.

2. Glowlights and neons are so similar that together it may not look good. I think neons and rummys would be best, but bloodfin tetras and neons would be cool too.

Back
Top Bottom