one week in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlazedSaint

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is my is the 7th day of my first week of my Very First aquarium, was kinda hoping someone could give some insight on what i should do from here:

29 Gallon Fresh Water Bio Cube Tank

i've used:
Prime Water Conditioner

Top Fin Bacteria Booster(used first day of set up havent used again)

Water Clarifier that came in my sand(used first day of set up havent used since)

Bottle of Live Bacteria (purchased and used today,day 7)

Stability (purchased and used today, day 7) this is the first day of the 7 day treatment

Florish (purchased and used today, day 7)

unknowly i sent 5 zebra danios to there death day 3 of the set up and havent had anything else other than 4 anubius plants in there, plants at first started to turn brown and tips started to die but that got better plants are green now

water stats are
ph 7.8ish
amonia .5
nirtite 2.0
nitrate 5.0

can anyone tell me if im headed in the right direction? and will this ph kill danios and cherry barbs?

I'd say your good, do a water change, buy stem plants such as anacharis and water wisteria to help out, add tetra safe start next week, keep doing what you are doing, seems like you are doing good, if you want your cycle to go by a little faster, get a used media from your LFS and add it to your filter so you can have more beneficial bacteria

do i really need to do a water change tho if theres nothing in the tank but live plants, im using stability(started using it today) so shouldnt i just leave it alone and let the stability work? or do i still need to do the water change

put in stability this afternoon and re ran tests all stats are same except ammonia is down to .25 nitrites seem very very high tho will retest after work tommorow and post stats

btw for folks just starting out and on a budget, i have the api master kit(just got it today : ) ) and the api test strips i got like a few days ago, and there is alot of controversy about the strips and it seems my strips were fairly accurate, so for people who cant buy the kit right away the strips will get you buy till you can afford the kit, however the kit is clearly amazing and everyone should have one : )

do i really need to do a water change tho if theres nothing in the tank but live plants, im using stability(started using it today) so shouldnt i just leave it alone and let the stability work? or do i still need to do the water change

Ohhhh my bad haha, just read danios in the first post and didn't read closely enough!

k so its day 8 of my cycling, and my stats are the same

water stats are
ph 7.8ish
amonia .25
nirtite 5.0 possibly plus its awful dark
nitrate 10.00

ph seems to be shifting between 7.8-8.0 could the stability im putting in the tank or the florish be changing it? also my nitrites seem really high considering how the tank has been set up for 8 days, however ive only been using the stability for 2 days now

k so its day 8 of my cycling, and my stats are the same

water stats are
ph 7.8ish
amonia .25
nirtite 5.0 possibly plus its awful dark
nitrate 10.00

ph seems to be shifting between 7.8-8.0 could the stability im putting in the tank or the florish be changing it? also my nitrites seem really high considering how the tank has been set up for 8 days, however ive only been using the stability for 2 days now

It looks good to me. The nitrites will climb for a few more days or so and then start plummeting.

sweet! feels like its been cycling forever, kinda hoping itll be ready for fish next weekend!
Excited to get some fish in this tank that wont die over night

o and water clarity has greatly improved, its crystal clear, infact i added some flourish yesterday and it seemed to darken my water a little bit makes the tank look incredible

Back
Top Bottom