Options on mounting lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nelsontreyjones

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do you guys know any other options of mounting lights that I have other than what I am currently using. This is for a 125 gallon tank with 2 36 Finnex lights. The aqueon tank I owns has two top brace and will be lidless so I cant rig something up that way. I don't really care for the way they arr mounted right now.

There are a few threads here describing the use of bent conduit mounted directly to the back of the stand. It still uses chains but much shorter lengths of it. Hope the SW folks chime in on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could certainly do a conduit mount, I've hung my finnex with some steel cable, looks ok in my opinion..this is an old pic, I've since lowered and trimmed exces, you get the idea though..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1411823393074.jpg
    1411823393074.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 53
The conduct does seem like a bad idea. Just dont want to put too much money into mounting the lights. Steel cable might not be so much of an eye soar chains. I wish there were more options for a 72" Led setup besides BML.

Thanks for all the advice, after looking around on the web I ended up going to Home Depot and getting some glass cut the width of the braces. And then using the tank mounts included. I am much happier with this now.

you could get a few pieces of pvc pipe and run them across the top of the tank and put the light on top of it it will look better than the chains
or you could replace the chains with 100 lb fishing line , almost impossable to see some of that stuff or if you get the florescent line it will glow from the blue lights

Back
Top Bottom