Oudy water from live sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far it has made no dif in speeding up the cycle. I'm on day 3 the ammonia is still 4ppm

Yep its obviously hit and miss. It may just be a case of waiting abit longer and doing the standard cycle. Do you know anyone with a tank for could steal some media from?

Patience is a virtue. Youll just have to wait and see what happends either way, youre on sched with the cycle.

Nop I'm only 25 none of my friends r into fish besides fishing

You could try tetra safe start to speed up the cycle. Some people don't like it, I've never done ammonia tests using it but the bottle says you can add fish immediately, so I've trusted it.

I wouldn't do it yet. I added ammonia 3 days ago up to 4ppm and it still is 4. Imagine adding fish. The ammonia will go up and never come down until the bacteria build up. I gotta b patient I agee

Why don't you just transfer over the biomedia from the tank with the EBJD in it? And transfer the fish with it? Instant cycle. Add something like Tetra Safe Start or Seachem Stability for a few days. And you're done.

The old tank is over crowded now that's why I got the new one. I dno how healthy that biomedia is

Back
Top Bottom