Panda cories and PH level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, well I changed my mind about the neon tetras, because the 2 platy are already in the tank, can't really exclude them from my stocking plan. So def the cories and platy, I was thinking of adding scarlet badis to my tank, because they are tiny and more solitary.

Scarlet Badis are shy and slow feeders. They could not compete with the Platies. They are best with Nano fish. They often need live food also.
I have a pair in my 10g.

Scarlet Badis are shy and slow feeders. They could not compete with the Platies. They are best with Nano fish. They often need live food also.
I have a pair in my 10g.

If I fed my platy first, waited a few minutes, and fed the Scarlet Badis, do you you think that would work? I've heard people with Scarlets and Platies, even bigger fish together and they had no problems.

As for the food, is frozen food fine? I often buy them as small treats for my platy (once a week type of thing).
I am quite new to Scarlet Badis, which is why I may add them last. I read that they like alot of hiding places and a planted tank, which is what I plan on getting for my tank next week. What are they like in your tank? :)

Edit: never mind, I may change my mind about them. (1000000th time changing my stock plan, lol)

If I fed my platy first, waited a few minutes, and fed the Scarlet Badis, do you you think that would work? I've heard people with Scarlets and Platies, even bigger fish together and they had no problems.

As for the food, is frozen food fine? I often buy them as small treats for my platy (once a week type of thing).
I am quite new to Scarlet Badis, which is why I may add them last. I read that they like alot of hiding places and a planted tank, which is what I plan on getting for my tank next week. What are they like in your tank? :)

Edit: never mind, I may change my mind about them. (1000000th time changing my stock plan, lol)

They definitely need planted tanks. Heavily planted is best. Frozen Baby Brine shrimp are my staple, plus finely crumbled Omega One color flakes, plus other foods. Live Daphnia and live Brine are great as well.

I may be overly protective of mine. I would just never think to put them with big fish. Mine live with CPDs , Threadfin Rainbows and Otos are the biggest fish.

They definitely need planted tanks. Heavily planted is best. Frozen Baby Brine shrimp are my staple, plus finely crumbled Omega One color flakes, plus other foods. Live Daphnia and live Brine are great as well.

I may be overly protective of mine. I would just never think to put them with big fish. Mine live with CPDs , Threadfin Rainbows and Otos are the biggest fish.

If I ever get a 2nd tank, I would add them with some cories or shrimp. :) I changed my mind since and already have a set stocking plan that I'm going to pursue on. So no scarlet badis for me, not yet anyway!

So far I'm still going to add panda cories. I've read up a lot about them but still have a question..when you do water changes or do light cleaning on the gravel, how do you prevent from accidentally siphoning them? Since they stay on the bottom of the tank..

Platy, panda cories and a honey gourami is basically it. Thanks for the advice anyway!! :)

Back
Top Bottom