Paroon sharks??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paroon sharks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can I put 3 paroon sharks in my outdoor but heated pond at 1.5 feet big? The pong is 450 gal?also what can I put with them if I do

Where do you live? What is the climate like?

This is probably not a good idea regardless. 450 is not very big for 3 very large, very aggressive fish. Sharks in captivity usually just doesn't end well from everything I have seen and read.

I agre 100% with that statement. At Animal kingdom in Orlando there is a paroon shark pond. To house one fish they need at least 1000 gallons. Maybe a channel catfish would work.

The size might be ok, but I would still question locating it outside.

Last edited:
Do you mean 450 gallons? 4500 might work but I would wait until someone with more experience chimes in.

I'm in Ireland and I have an old flower bed so I converted it in to the 4500 gal pond. I have my sharkes in a tank at the mo. if u think not to put them in the pond what fish do u recommend that are cool not boring

I have no doubt they are cool fish. I just don't think they would probably do so well in a 4500 gallon pond that is outdoors in Ireland. I would think the pond would be too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. They need a pretty stable temperature, probably in the low to mid 70s (F).

I think they are brackish too aren't they? Might be tough to maintain that in a 4500 gal pond.

Why do u think I wanted to help them by putting them in the pond? I'm not a fish murderer I know about this and the fish was about to give these away (the freezer) do I bought them

What's the climate like where you are at? Can you maintain 70-76F? Maybe you can make it work. It would be a tough road though. I am seeing recs for 500+ gallons to house one of these so keeping it indoors will be difficult.

Google Irish weather it rains a lot but I can keep a steady temp of 26.5 in my pond with my 2 heaters

Back
Top Bottom