Pea puffers or GSP or figure 8??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

somethingsfishy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am soon to have a 29 gallon tank and was wondering what you guys think about the puffer choices? I know they are different sizes and brackish. Just curious about experiences and which would be a better choice. I'm thinking pea puffers and ottos or figure 8 or GSP with some bumblebee gobies. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.

I would do pea puffers because they;re easier to take care of and less agressive towards other puffers and other fish- not that they're gental at all but lesser than other puffers. Just make sure to heavily plant the tank! A good website for them is www.dwarfpuffers.com :)

I have a brackish tank and it is definitely my pride and joy lol. But I disagree I don't think it is much more work at all just my opinion though

hiltymj said:
I have a brackish tank and it is definitely my pride and joy lol. But I disagree I don't think it is much more work at all just my opinion though

I guess it all depends on your dedication and my BW is newish. I spend more time and money on my BW than my 3 FW combined. But not nearly as much as I expect to spend on my future SW setup lol.

For a 29 gallon, I wouldn't recommend getting 1 GSP unless you are willing to upgrade the tank when a singleton reaches 4-5 inches. If you're planning to get more tanks in the future, then get some goby. GSP are entertaining to watch since they are active and have lots of personality, but..

I say go with two F8 because you get two great personality interacting with each other. You can try adding in some gobies with 1 F8, but I would rather do 2 F8 with no gobies.

I think dwarf puffers are too tiny (I like bigger fishes). if you really want them, then get 3-4 of them with a school of ottos. Or 5-6 without the ottos.

Hahaha ya I know what you mean I've been eye balling all the stuff I want for my imaginary saltwater tank. Lots and lots of money

Alright so GSP is not a choice based on the size bid like to try brackish water as I also would like to upgrade to saltwater eventually and brackish is a step in that direction however I'd likemore than a couple of fish so I'm leaning towards the peapuffers.

Back
Top Bottom