Peacock Gudgeon Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jkeating8

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey Guys-

I recently set up a high tech planted. Tonight I got a Peacock Gudgeon. Tank is cycled. How do I go about feeding it? Flake, New life spectrum, and/or frozen foods?

Thanks

Here's the tank-

Attachments

• image-3056748008.jpg
    image-3056748008.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 218
Do you know what it was being fed before? If not try a mix of things to see what it likes. I usually try my staple food first but remember sometimes a new fish takes a couple days to settle in before it will eat. Usually most all fish I've found will eat frozen brine shrimp which can be a good way to get them eating. Frozen bloodworms usually go over really well too. I've also found New Life Spectrum Thera A is eaten by most all fish. I never had an issue with my Gudgeon eating.

Do you know what it was being fed before? If not try a mix of things to see what it likes. I usually try my staple food first but remember sometimes a new fish takes a couple days to settle in before it will eat. Usually most all fish I've found will eat frozen brine shrimp which can be a good way to get them eating. Frozen bloodworms usually go over really well too. I've also found New Life Spectrum Thera A is eaten by most all fish. I never had an issue with my Gudgeon eating.

Nope. It was at petco so probably nothing fancy. I tried flakes last might and he are a little then spit some out. I'm going to get some
Frozen brine or bloodworms just in case.

I have a pair of these and they are PICKY eaters.

I've had them for 3 weeks now and they are much better though. In the beginning I could only get them to eat frozen brine shrimp and frozen blood worms. They were out competed too by the danios and guppies so I had to use a baster to get the food lower.

Now though they eat flake and pellets as well and learned to compete for the food.

That's awesome your Petco has them. I had to order online. Got pics of them...curious how they look as there are many variations.

Nice, looks just like mine actually. Do either of yours have black on the outside of their fins? That one looks like a male. I have a young male/female pair so I'm hoping for babies eventually. They are both just maturing and the female has the black starting to show up on her fins. They've been doing a lot of dancing with each other lately which is awesome to watch.

Nice, looks just like mine actually. Do either of yours have black on the outside of their fins? That one looks like a male. I have a young male/female pair so I'm hoping for babies eventually. They are both just maturing and the female has the black starting to show up on her fins. They've been doing a lot of dancing with each other lately which is awesome to watch.

I only got one. It was the last one they had at Petco. I'm going to get a GBR so I won't get another.

Mine really like blackworms and the frozen brine and blood worms already mentioned.

Questions: I just got mine about a week ago and the breeder was feeding the foods I mentioned above. Anways, how old before they breed? Mine are just starting to show differentiation between the sexes.

I fed him frozen blood worms and he happily accepted them. He was out more today too. Here's a cool shot

Attachments

• image-1172082183.jpg
    image-1172082183.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 137
  • image-2956594579.jpg
    image-2956594579.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 117
Frozen foods usually work and slowly he should begin to eat other foods you offer.

The pic's are kind of funny as you look like you got him coming and going.

Frozen foods usually work and slowly he should begin to eat other foods you offer.

The pic's are kind of funny as you look like you got him coming and going.

Haha yeah he makes his rounds in and out of the driftwood.

Back
Top Bottom