Penguin bio wheel 350 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meloyelo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just set up a 55 gal over the weekend. It was a package deal and came with the bio wheel 350 filter. Is it normal for them to be so loud? You can really hear the motor running and the water noise is really annoying. I already have a 150 on another tank and it is quiet. I set this up in our living room and the wife isn't to happy with with all the noise while trying to watch TV. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mine isn't loud at all. Did you prime it?

Yep, primed and started it up. Also made sure the water level was high enough to try to minimize the "waterfall" type noise. The bio wheels almost look to be out of round. It's like they are sporadically dumping more or less water as they spin. That seems to be what is making the water noise more pronounced. My 150 is nowhere near as loud as this thing. It's actually almost silent.

Wow. I would return that. I have never had that issue before.

There should only be a hum and the water trickle sound. I fill the tank all the way up to get the water sound to go away and do top offs in between PWCs to keep the level.

Have you tried removing & resetting the impeller? If this doesnt help, i would return it & get a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom