Peppered in 10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankMan

Aquarium Advice Freak
How many peppered cories or dwarf cories could I keep in a 10g. They would be the only fish in there.

Thanks!

Hopefully you aren't over populating that tank.

If the peppered will be the only in the tank, you should at least out a middle swimming fish in the tank to help bring food down to the bottom, and feed it bottome feeder or algae wafers.

I'd stick with the smaller type, Corydoras Habrosus, Corydora Hastatus, or Corydoras Pygmaeus. I think the C. Hastatus are the ones that tend to swim at all levels so they might be more fun to watch if they are the only inhabitants. http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=324

You could do 6-8 of any of those. Peppered are larger and I think a 10 would be too limiting for them.

Last edited:
librarygirl said:
I'd stick with the smaller type, Corydoras Habrosus, Corydora Hastatus, or Corydoras Pygmaeus. I think the C. Hastatus are the ones that tend to swim at all levels so they might be more fun to watch if they are the only inhabitants. http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=324

You could do 6-8 of any of those. Peppered are larger and I think a 10 would be too limiting for them.

Corydoras Pygmaeus also prefer to be mid level swimmers and are very interesting. Planted species tank with them would be an awesome tank. They really enjoy Pennywort, as they lay on the broad round leaves. Or at least mine do :)

I've also kept Habrosus. They are an excellent specie but they act as a normal Corydoras does. Stay on the bottom unless they want some air. They are great for smaller tank community setup.

I have never kept Hastus although I would love to!

All in all, a species Corydoras tank could be a cool tank. Stick with the dwarf species for the best results in a 10g. My bet would be Pygmaeus. Good luck!

Hmm. Thanks guys! But yea the cories would be the only specie in the tank :)

Back
Top Bottom