PH issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flOve58752O

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all! New to this site,just looking for some help. I have had an aquamarine for years. Had a couple of years without fish until my brother found a 30 Gallon tank road side. Started again and it has been at least 5 years. I have alwasy had problems with the PH balance and still is present today.

One day I got lucky and the PH was perfect and bought some of those green terrors, not sure if it was a good idea with kissing gourami, but they lived for at least a year and grew bigger, and just like that, they die and now can't even add one fish to the tank.

I recently removed at least 75% of the water and the PH is still low 6.0. I tested and adjusted with API test and adjuster kit with no change at all.

Does anybody have any idea what I can do to get this PH to 6.8 where it should be??:thanks:

Welcome to AA!

You can add a bag of crushed coral to the tank or filter to raise it up. It would be the most natural way to get it up. There are some types of rock that you can add that will also help.

Back
Top Bottom