Pick the odd fish out ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

athens.asad

Aquarium Advice Regular
A 75 g tank is shared by 1 Elephant nose 4 inch long, 3 clown loaches 2.5 " ,1 red tail blue loach , 1 blood red parrot 4", 3 bosemani rainbow, 1 fiery red lobster ,4 cory cat(albino,panda,julii & peperred 1 each) , 1 bristle nose albino pleco, 1 panchax killifish, 1 full moon Siamese betta , 1 female betta, 1 red tail shark 1 albino shark & 3 live bearers (1 Mickey Mouse Molly,1 swordtail, Molly) ... Which is the odd fish and can cause problems !

The bettas really shouldn't be there. The clown loaches will also need a bigger tank.

Sorry about this but this list honestly makes me cringe a little :(

The 3 clown loaches need a much much bigger tank. They grow HUGE. They also should be kept in groups of 5+

Red Tail Blue Loach is a schooling fish and really should be kept with more of his kind

boesemani rainbows are schooling fish that should be in schools of at minimum 5 or more

Bettas are small and slow enough to be munched on by the lobster. A male and female should also not be kept together in a tank. 99% of the time males will beat on a female. They will also tend to get picked on by semi aggressive fish having their tails shredded.

Red tail and albino shark - they are super aggressive towards each other and one of them will end up dying because of it.

Cory cats should be kept in groups of 6+ they might also be at risk from the lobster.

Many of these fish are likely quite young and passive at the moment but that changes when they get bigger.

Good Analysis Mebbid , yes they are still young and get along well.And also the elephant nose might become territorial once he matures.Right now he doesn't bother & keeps hiding in a rock where I have to separately hand feed him. I will leave them as long as they are happy and I also have a separate tank which I will make operational if I see much aggression and move some species.
@Bettaowner- thanks but the male betta is too slow to chase others and occupied the right top corner & shows his dominance there only.

I have a bad feeling that the corys will become lonely and be eaten by a hungry lobster. When the parrot gets larger it also might (not 100%) eat some of the smaller fish like the betta or live bearers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry about this but this list honestly makes me cringe a little :(

The 3 clown loaches need a much much bigger tank. They grow HUGE. They also should be kept in groups of 5+

Red Tail Blue Loach is a schooling fish and really should be kept with more of his kind

boesemani rainbows are schooling fish that should be in schools of at minimum 5 or more

Bettas are small and slow enough to be munched on by the lobster. A male and female should also not be kept together in a tank. 99% of the time males will beat on a female. They will also tend to get picked on by semi aggressive fish having their tails shredded.

Red tail and albino shark - they are super aggressive towards each other and one of them will end up dying because of it.

Cory cats should be kept in groups of 6+ they might also be at risk from the lobster.

Many of these fish are likely quite young and passive at the moment but that changes when they get bigger.

I didn't want to be the first, as I'm usually crucified for my opinions on stocking tanks, but I couldn't agree more !!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Back
Top Bottom