pics of the build so far 75g fw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the tank for free,and bought the stand,light,decorations,screen top,and sand all in the last couple days. so far i only paid $55 bucks for everything. i just filled the tank today. I will buy my filter and a few chem. tommorow and start cycling.

That's the worst part. It is really boring. Hen you have to explain to everyone why you have an empty tank. At least in my case. Lmao. What plans do you have for stocking? I know it's really early.

I want to do some live plants this time around. I have a 36" lite strip with a f25t8 bulb. im guessing its good for low lite plants ..,and this is my first time with pfs in my tank. about an inch of it..any sugesstions on some decent plants that will flourish well in low lite without a co2 set up ???

I keep Najas, hornwort, Salvinia minima, watersprite, and duckweed in my tanks. Low light (either a 24" 65w T5 or a regular 4' shop light) on all of them. Java moss in a couple smaller tanks too. Fast-growing floaters absorb nitrates, and don't require much maintanence aside from trimming/thinning when they get roo thick.

thanks for the live plant info. my tank has been filled for 2 days now and my water is perfect..the info on rinsing the pfs in a 5 gallon bucket before putting in the tank was priceless, its crystal clear !..and the area i live in in va the water is almost perfect rite out of the tap...i will be adding fish and a few plants in a couple days

thanks for the live plant info. my tank has been filled for 2 days now and my water is perfect..the info on rinsing the pfs in a 5 gallon bucket before putting in the tank was priceless, its crystal clear !..and the area i live in in va the water is almost perfect rite out of the tap...i will be adding fish and a few plants in a couple days

Um.....did you move over a filter from an established tank? if this is a new tank without seeded media then letting it run for a few days isn't going to cycle it. Your water is "perfect" now b/c it doesn't have an ammonia source (once fish get in there and start pooing and peeing you're going to have issues). Read the two links in my signature: 'new empty tank' and 'what is cycling.'

Back
Top Bottom