Planned 20G setup - Advice Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ares1618

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been interested in keeping fish for quite awhile but never got into it. I am finally going to be getting a 20G tank in about a month and want to setup a nice community aquarium with lots of color and active fish, but without much aggression. I am limited to a 20G tank because of living conditions as a college student. Below I have listed the fish I would like to eventually end up with in my tank (I know I will have to wait for it to cycle and add the fish over time). I am curious as to if my tank will be too crowded when the fish mature or if there are any fish that won't get along. Also, any suggestions of other fish that would go well in a community aquarium with bright colors are greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to help a beginner out.

(1) Dwarf Gourami
(6) Neon Tetras
(6) Cory Cats
(3) Turquoise Guppies
(3) Sunburst Platies or Swordtails

I have been interested in keeping fish for quite awhile but never got into it. I am finally going to be getting a 20G tank in about a month and want to setup a nice community aquarium with lots of color and active fish, but without much aggression. I am limited to a 20G tank because of living conditions as a college student. Below I have listed the fish I would like to eventually end up with in my tank (I know I will have to wait for it to cycle and add the fish over time). I am curious as to if my tank will be too crowded when the fish mature or if there are any fish that won't get along. Also, any suggestions of other fish that would go well in a community aquarium with bright colors are greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to help a beginner out.

(1) Dwarf Gourami
(6) Neon Tetras
(6) Cory Cats
(3) Turquoise Guppies
(3) Sunburst Platies or Swordtails
Personally I think it would get crowded. Are you planning on getting both males and females of the platies and guppies? Because no matter if you are trying or not, livebearers will breed.

P.S. If you are getting both sexes of livebearers, remember the 1 male to 2 females ratio. My ratio is 1 male to every three females to be safe, but that's your call.

Hope I helped!

Back
Top Bottom