Planning an impulse buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The little guy is a juvenile Firemouth Cichlid. They are Central America's answer to South Americas German Blue and Bolivian Rams. A little bigger, a little tougher, and in some cases more colorful.

I kept GBR’s a few years ago. This was the male.. certainly not as colorful as the fire mouth.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I agree, maybe not as colorful as a Firemouth, but very pretty none the less. The Electric Blue German rams have very vibrant coloration. Firemouths live a lot longer than Rams and aren't near as demanding. They look and behave a lot like rams, are very easy to breed, and are inexpensive. If you get a moment check out my thread "Check out my new Firemouth"

I agree, maybe not as colorful as a Firemouth, but very pretty none the less. The Electric Blue German rams have very vibrant coloration. Firemouths live a lot longer than Rams and aren't near as demanding. They look and behave a lot like rams, are very easy to breed, and are inexpensive. If you get a moment check out my thread "Check out my new Firemouth"

I would love to have a firemouth some day with a school of congo tetras. Would be a great tank.

You can test your tap to compare, but the tank water results are what you need.
How’s your betta?

Hey Reygan, thinking about making a divider for my 5.5g tank and getting a 2nd betta since my current betta doesnt use the entire tank very much. What do you think?

Hmm...as long as you keep up tank maintenance it would probably be ok. They will try to get to one another, so make sure the barrier is a good one.

Well my betta died :( thought he was napping at the bottom, tapped the glass didnt move then nudged him with my fish net. Didnt move at all, gonna miss this little guy.

Well my betta died :( thought he was napping at the bottom, tapped the glass didnt move then nudged him with my fish net. Didnt move at all, gonna miss this little guy.

Bummer. Sorry to hear. I lost mine too a while back. He was pretty beat up when I got him, but he seemed to be healing nicely. I have no idea what happened. I broke the tank down, guess I just lost interest. I´m sure I´ll set it up again at some point.

So, what are you going to do with your set up now?

No clue yet still have the filter running and the tank full of water so the bacteria doesn't die. what else could I put in a 5.5 gallon tank besides a betta?

Darkside, sorry your fish passed. I posted how I loved your tank before I saw he passed... Reygan2, sorry you lost your fish also.... Bill

Back
Top Bottom