Planning first tank 55g community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamhay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am planning to start my first tank December 1st. It will be a 55 gallon. I have been researching online the past week or two and have an idea of what I would like to stock.

Turquoise danios
Rainbow fish
Harlequin rasbora
Cory or loach
Gourami pearl, honey, gold or flame dwarf

As I would like decent sized schools I think I should select just two out of the danios, rainbows or harlequins as well as choose either corys or loaches. I like the flame dwarf gourami but am not sure how well they will do in a community. Also how many of each should I get for a 55g? In what order should I introduce these fish to the tank?
I could also use advice on a quality canister filter as well as opinions on inline heaters.

Aqadvisor.com is a great tool to use for stocking because you can play around with the numbers of fish in the different schools. You just choose you tank, filtration and add the fish.

Have dwarf flame in a community tank. Have no problems with him. Sticks to himself. Only problem is he likes to go after the sinking pellets and algae wafers I feed to my bottom fish.

Well why don't you do 15 neon tetras, 6 striped danos, 1 dwarf gourmi, 4 guppies and thats all I can think of and add a common pleco if you want to.

I would do a fluval 306 for the tank as that is what I have on my 55 gallon and it provides ample flow and filtration. Great filter that will do great for you.

Back
Top Bottom